Hello! I’m Camille Harris. If we met in person you’d probably get a hug hello and 3 hugs goodbye. Welcome to an inside look at my life and journal. I’m a 28 year old country & Christian singer-songwriter from Tulsa, Oklahoma from a family of 8 kids and 2 parents married 31 years, which I count as such a blessing. My sister and I have been on a music journey for the last 8 years in our duo called “Camille & Haley.” Music has really helped developed us and has taken us places that sometimes only music and God can.
As I thought of starting a blog, which has been in me for the last few years, I’ve struggled with how to make time for it when it seems like I should be putting all my energies in our music career, self development, working out, and time with the Lord.. but here I am. Part of me has to communicate what is most important to me and I’m really a teacher at heart. I don’t have the time to be polished and don’t have the desire to be trendy, so this is truly going to be what it says it is: Camille’s Journal. The sister I sing with, Haley, also takes all my pictures and proof reads some of my blogs. Check her other creative work out at @HaleyHarrisPhoto on Instagram.
I’m a big time self-development & Christian literature reader and podcast/motivational audio junkie.. and as the things I read and listen to enhance my life radically, I want to pass along the gold nuggets in a concise form because I know not everyone can put in as much time into learning as I can. I’m not married, don’t have any kids and I’m self-employed, which I believe is the easiest time to indulge in personal growth, though it is always an important and I think essential pursuit.
You’ll probably hear me quote Zig Ziglar a lot. He’s one of my main audio mentors who’s changed my life and I’m a firm believer in his mantra that “you can have everything you want in life if you’ll just help enough other people get what they want.” I ponder what I want in life often and it seems to boil down to this: I want to help people have a deep, friendship like relationship with the Lord and to grow more passionate in my relationship with Him daily, I want to be prosperous and be able to give to the people and the causes I care about, and I want to help people discover and fulfill to their God given calling. If I could help people full time in some of the ways I’ve been helped by authors, my parents, pastors and mentors, I think that would be my definition of success.
A few about me’s before I go:
- I like the color pink a good deal, as generic as it sounds. The older I get, the more feminine I feel.
- The only thing I collect is mugs & maybe instruments. 🙂
- I’ve played guitar since I was 10 and discovered I was a songwriter at 11. I actually starting writing songs at 7, but didn’t have an instrument. I believe God told me at 7 that I would be a singer. Unless I made that up in my head! Either way, it happened. 🙂
- Cooking & Gardening are my hobbies. See my “Food Blog” on Instagram @CamilleMeals
- I like to run short distance or workout with @AlexaJeanFitness’s 30 Day challenges and listen to motivational or Christian audio to make it all enjoyable.
- I believe daily time with the Lord is an essential discipline and joy for every person looking to mature and be the most fruitful in their life and in the things of God. I can’t stress that enough. It’s changed my life.
- Dark Chocolate has taken the place of all candy and milk chocolate in my life.
- I stopped drinking Soda/Pop in 9th grade when I was a cheerleader and started learning about health.
- I drink “Kangen” Alkaline water exclusively as far as water goes. We make it home from our water ionizer from Japan. We also sell the water machines for those interested. My info is below.
- I do drink coffee, though I’ve tried to quit a few times. Usually without sugar. To me, coffee is a daily reminder that life is not so bad. 😉
- My hair is naturally curly and I’ve never died it, but I curl it with a wand and my sisters Haley or Brooke cut it for me – for free!
- I believe in accepting yourself, the things you can’t change, but I more believe in bettering yourself in the ways you can to become a more well-rounded vessel for the Lord to use and speak through.
Thank you for reading and being even slightly interested in me or what I have to say. I hope to be an aid in your journey toward Christ and your calling.
Business #: 918-747-8377
Music Website: “www.TheSisterDuo.com”